Saturday 3 August 2013

That hole in the wall that you put your fridge in...

Okay its been a few weeks.... imagine how long that feels to me!

BUT...

...we finally got it.  Building approval is through.  Now we are waiting on a construction certificate and then once that is granted McDJ has the pleasure of 20 days to start doing 'something'.

I'm told that  as soon as they step foot on my property that that is day 1... you can bet your bottom dollar I will be setting up CCTV cameras on my property just so I can mark 'Day 1 of 150' off my calendar {I'm joking ~ seriously}. 

I have found myself in procrastination mode due to the whole council delay, so just to pass time, I pulled up my plans on the computer one day and started to look over them.

I spotted a few anomalies... and panicked.  So without further ado, here is something else to note when building your house.

That hole in the wall that you put your fridge in...

If you have increased the height of your doors throughout, and your fridge space is next to your pantry door, please remember and check that the fridge space height has also increased.  I did not even think about this, until it jumped out at me on the screen.





Secondly if you are putting a cupboard above your fridge within your fridge space and you are making it into a wine rack, please remember that if you have increased your fridge space height that you can increase your cupboard height too giving you three rows of wine instead of two.  Again, I just 'assumed' {there is that word you should never use in building) that this would automatically happen.  It didn't.






However all is good in my little world again. My trusty CLO got to work and fixed up everything and 24 hours later I was smiling again... I 'heart' McDJ.



No comments:

Post a Comment